Wednesday 27 January 2016

In Pursuit Of The Indian Peafowl


The Indian Peafowl was not something I expected to see when I was having Lunch with a few good friends. I left the food and this is all that I managed.




THE FIRST SIGHTING


The food and foraging habits of the Indian Peafowl is such that my habitat did not seem too attractive for the proud avian. So, I cursed my hard luck and got along with the normal humdrum of daily life. I was sure that this would have been a one time lucky sighting.

Then on one particularly lazy evening, my buddy suddenly reported the sighting of the peafowl family outside the kitchen premises. I managed to click some photographs using the kitchen window as a hide.


THE PEAFOWL EMERGING

As I waited with bated breath, I caught the first sight of the peafowl emerging from a fold of the ground. The bird looked awesome- to say the least.


THE PEAFOWL IN FULL VIEW

As the bird emerged from the the folds of the ground, I  clicked away to glory.

THE PROUD PEAFOWL

It was not too late that the bird realised that I had been photographing it and invading its privacy. The proud stance was back. It decided that it had had its fill of food for the day and now was the time to go back to its nest.

THE HURRIED EXIT

The bird may have left, the photos were not the best but I had my tryst with our National bird. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

A brief Intro About Me - Priyamvada Shekhar and Why Travelling is the best education for me?

 I am Priyamvada Shekhar , Daughter of Mrinal Shekhar , I also have a YouTube channel as Priyamvada Shekhar [please do check it out] I am a ...