Saturday 19 March 2016

Common Tailorbird

Blame it on the weather gods that led to incessant rains and the subsequent internet outages, I was not able to upload the pics of the Common Tailor bird. What I could not trace though was the famous 'sewn up' nest that gives this songbird its famous nest.

AN OLD PIC CLICKED AT HEBANHATTI IN BELGAUM
At just 13 cms, the Common Tailorbird can easily give one a miss. It has a buffy white vent. while singing, it displays a black patch at the side of the throat that often leads to it being mistaken for the Dark Necked Tailorbird.



ONE OF THE EARLIER CLICKS OF THIS BIRD
Tailorbirds are small warblers with fairly long thin graduated tails, greenish underparts, rufous crowns and wings and long thinned slightly decurved bills


THE TRICKY BIRD TRIYNG TO HIDE FROM THE INQUISITIVE SHUTTERBUG

I have had a fairly long struggle in trying to photograph thie bird. As captioned in the first picture, I spottted this bird for the first time in Belgaum, Karnataka. However, with just a Tamron 70-300mm lens and limited 'stalking' skills, I did not get any successs in obtaining a worthy photograph.

ONE OF THE BETTER CLICKS OF THIS BIRD
In pursuit of a worthy picture, I have become habituated to the lovely call of this small songbird.

MY SUBJECT MUNCHING ON AN EARLY CATCH


I would sign off now. Coming up next would be the Great Barbet.

1 comment:

  1. It is a very informative and useful post thanks it is good material to read this post increases my knowledge. Nurse Stress Balls

    ReplyDelete

A brief Intro About Me - Priyamvada Shekhar and Why Travelling is the best education for me?

 I am Priyamvada Shekhar , Daughter of Mrinal Shekhar , I also have a YouTube channel as Priyamvada Shekhar [please do check it out] I am a ...